|Scope of Dianetics
||Dianetics: Now on film $27
• 2-DVD package
& over 4 1/2 hours of film
& 651,000 feet of footage
& over 10,000 computer-generated special effects
|Of what must a science of mind be composed?
1. An answer to the goal of thought.
2. A single source of all insanities, psychoses, neurosis, compulsions, repressions and social derangements.
3. Invariant scientific evidence as to the basic nature and functional background of the human mind.
The Modern Science Of
Each weekend we will be holding a two-day
Dianetics Seminar from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday. [ $150 ]
|4. Techniques, the art of application, by which the discovered single source could be invariably cured; ruling out, of course, the insanities of malformed, deleted or pathologically injured brains or nervous systems and, particularly, iatrogenic psychoses (those caused by doctors and involving the destruction of the living brain itself).
5. Methods of prevention of mental derangement.
6. The cause and cure of all psychosomatic ills which number, some say, 70 percent of man's listed ailments.
Simple though it is, Dianetics does and is these things:
1. It is an organized science of thought built on definite axioms (statements of natural laws on the order of those of the physical sciences).
2. It contains a therapeutic technique with which can be treated all inorganic mental ills and all organic psychosomatic ills, with assurance of complete cure in unselected cases.
3. It produces a condition of ability and rationality for man well in advance of the current norm, enhancing rather than destroying his vigor and personality.
4. Dianetics gives a complete insight into the full potentialities of the mind, discovering them to be well in excess of past supposition.
5. The basic nature of man is discovered in Dianetics rather than hazarded or postulated, since that basic nature can be brought into action in any individual completely. And that basic nature is discovered to be good.
6. The single source of mental derangement is discovered and demonstrated, on a clinical or laboratory basis, by Dianetics.
7. The extent, storage capacity and recallability of human memory is finally established by Dianetics®.
8. The full recording abilities of the mind are discovered by Dianetics® with the conclusion that they are quite dissimilar to former suppositions.
9. Dianetics® bring forth the nongerm theory of disease, complementing biochemistry and Pasteur's work on the germ theory to embrace the field.
10. With Dianetics® ends the "necessity" of destroying the brain by shock or surgery to effect "tractibility" in mental patients and "adjust" them.
11. A workable explanation of the physiological effects of drugs and endocrine substances exists in Dianetics, and many problems posed by endocrinology are answered.
12. Various educational, sociological, political, military and other human studies are enhanced by Dianetics®.
13. The field of cytology is aided by Dianetics, as well as other fields of research.
This then, is a skeletal sketch of what would be the scope of the science of mind and of what is the scope of Dianetics®.
|What is Dianetics?
Dianetics spiritual healing technology can help alleviate such ailments as unwanted sensations and emotions, irrational fears and psychosomatic illnesses (illness caused or aggravated by mental stress). The word Dianetics comes from the Greek words dia, meaning through and nous, soul. The full and proper definition of Dianetics is what the soul is doing to the body through the mind.
Before L. Ron Hubbard published the fundamentals of Dianetics in 1950, prevailing scientific thought held that man’s mind was his brain, nothing more than a collection of cells and neurons. IQ was considered unimprovable and personality fixed.
Dianetics technology changed all that. Its effectiveness, astonishing in many cases, has been documented in a multitude of case histories over nearly half a century of application.
Dianetics uncovers the source of unwanted sensations and emotions, accidents, injuries and psychosomatic illnesses, and sets forth effective handlings for these conditions. Further research into the spiritual aspects of Dianetics led to the discovery of Scientology.
Scientology, on the other hand, is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, to universes and to other life. Through the practice of Scientology one can increase his spiritual awareness and ability and realize his own immortality.